Awfully quiet here...

14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Yaya

Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 am
Location: Florida, USA

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Tue May 10, 2016 12:22 pm

Is eveyone okay? Did I finally kill a message board instead of just a thread?

Where's BeeFster? Is he okay? What happened to Karl?

Just wondering.

"But the Costa story featuring Starscream? Fantastic! This guy is "The One", I just know it, just from these few pages. "--Yaya, who is never wrong.

bumblemusprime

User avatar

Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: GoboTron

Over Pompous Autobot Commander

More Top
Sun May 22, 2016 2:13 am

Yaya, if you came out of your shroud of anonymity, you could join the regular bro love fest on Facebook. I made Optimus Prime Rib my lovechild. It was beautiful.

I miss the days of a thriving Transfans. Nonetheless, I find...

1- we're all busy as ****
2- the majority of us don't want to waste our time responding to the puerile antifeminist rants that have multiplied here, and I'm guessing that's what alienated Kaylee
3- we all agree that Barber is meh, Roberts is genius, we wish we could afford those shiny third party toys, and it's a decent time to be a Transfan.

Best First wrote:I didn't like it. They don't have mums, or dads, or children. And they turn into stuff. And they don't eat Monster Munch or watch Xena: Warrior Princess. Or do one big poo in the morning and another one in the afternoon. I bet they weren't even excited by and then subsequently disappointed by Star Wars Prequels. Or have a glass full of spare change near their beds. That they don't have.

Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Posts: 3114
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Sun May 22, 2016 11:47 am

There's a facebook?

snarl wrote:Just... really... what the **** have [IDW] been taking for the last 2 years?

Brendocon wrote:Yaya's money.

Yaya

Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 am
Location: Florida, USA

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Tue May 24, 2016 6:06 pm

bumblemusprime wrote:Yaya, if you came out of your shroud of anonymity, you could join the regular bro love fest on Facebook. I made Optimus Prime Rib my lovechild. It was beautiful.

I miss the days of a thriving Transfans. Nonetheless, I find...

1- we're all busy as ****
2- the majority of us don't want to waste our time responding to the puerile antifeminist rants that have multiplied here, and I'm guessing that's what alienated Kaylee
3- we all agree that Barber is meh, Roberts is genius, we wish we could afford those shiny third party toys, and it's a decent time to be a Transfan.


Firstly, a superhero never reveals his true identity. You know that.

Secondly....who's Kaylee?

Thirdly, I'm glad to hear everyone is okay.

"But the Costa story featuring Starscream? Fantastic! This guy is "The One", I just know it, just from these few pages. "--Yaya, who is never wrong.

bumblemusprime

User avatar

Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: GoboTron

Over Pompous Autobot Commander

More Top
Thu May 26, 2016 3:01 am

The Artist Formerly Known As Karl, duh. She was posting here after transition.

Best First wrote:I didn't like it. They don't have mums, or dads, or children. And they turn into stuff. And they don't eat Monster Munch or watch Xena: Warrior Princess. Or do one big poo in the morning and another one in the afternoon. I bet they weren't even excited by and then subsequently disappointed by Star Wars Prequels. Or have a glass full of spare change near their beds. That they don't have.

Impactor returns 2.0
Starlord

User avatar

Posts: 6884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Your Mums

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:38 pm

There's a Facebook?

Image

Best First

User avatar

Posts: 9748
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

King of the, er, Kingdom.

More Top
Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:53 am

so, partly what Spencer said.

Also my work has blocked the site and that was the time i tended to post most.

I do find i have less to say about TFs these days - MTMTE is so blindingly good that i don't really feel the need to discuss how much i love it, i just bathe in it's brilliance and then return to the ongoing existential crisis that is the time between issues.

Anyway i hope everyone is well.
 

Predabot
Scraplet

User avatar

Posts: 3118
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Northern sweden

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm alive.


Alas though, I am no longer able to figure out how the bb-code works on this site - age is setting in.

[quote="bumblemusprime"]Yaya, if you came out of your shroud of anonymity, you could join the regular bro love fest on Facebook. I made Optimus Prime Rib my lovechild. It was beautiful.

I miss the days of a thriving Transfans. Nonetheless, I find...

[b]2- the majority of us don't want to waste our time responding to the puerile antifeminist rants that have multiplied here, and I'm guessing that's what alienated Kaylee.[/b] [/quote]

Wait, what?? I don't recall such things in the time before time, aka 5-6 years ago.

Or, as is probably proper... in the days of Yore, when the Chaos-bringer would greet us.

[quote="bumblemusprime"]The Artist Formerly Known As Karl, duh. She was posting here after transition.[/quote]

Wow...! I missed this one completely, it would seem.

So Kaylee came out a second time? I must say I'm surprised... I suppose I can kind of see the signs when looking back.

Darth Aux

User avatar

Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Smart Mouthed Rodent

More Top
Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:42 pm

I stop by once in a while, have a read but never really post anything.

I get my TF fix from YouTube and Facebook these days.

This was my first long term forum, probably second I had joined and may well be the first website I visited apart from Google.

Image

Yaya

Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 am
Location: Florida, USA

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:06 am

Looks like we're all sort a moving on. :cry:

Kinda strange that I would feel that way. I don't think I've been particularly liked by many here, yet strangely, here I am. I think the intellectual acumen of this board was higher than others, and I enjoyed the challenge. Even more strange is that, despite a good deal of venom hurled my way for my beliefs over the years, I actually care what happens to the longtime frequenters of this board. Though I'm not a sharer myself, the personal struggles that many of you share here, it makes me care.

Anyway, hope all are doing well and continue to do so.

"But the Costa story featuring Starscream? Fantastic! This guy is "The One", I just know it, just from these few pages. "--Yaya, who is never wrong.

bumblemusprime

User avatar

Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: GoboTron

Over Pompous Autobot Commander

More Top
Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:23 am

Yaya wrote:Looks like we're all sort a moving on. :cry:

Kinda strange that I would feel that way. I don't think I've been particularly liked by many here, yet strangely, here I am. I think the intellectual acumen of this board was higher than others, and I enjoyed the challenge. Even more strange is that, despite a good deal of venom hurled my way for my beliefs over the years, I actually care what happens to the longtime frequenters of this board. Though I'm not a sharer myself, the personal struggles that many of you share here, it makes me care.

Anyway, hope all are doing well and continue to do so.


I like you, but I would never tell you, as that would ruin the magic.

I still enjoy talking about Transformers. And geek stuff. But I think we're also suffering a bit of a population crisis. Even the Archive has attracted a little more new blood over the years than we have. And Dalek is more reliably voluminous over there, in case anyone feels the need for a good old fashioned Furmanation.

Best First wrote:I didn't like it. They don't have mums, or dads, or children. And they turn into stuff. And they don't eat Monster Munch or watch Xena: Warrior Princess. Or do one big poo in the morning and another one in the afternoon. I bet they weren't even excited by and then subsequently disappointed by Star Wars Prequels. Or have a glass full of spare change near their beds. That they don't have.

Shanti418

User avatar

Posts: 2632
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Over Pompous Autobot Commander

More Top
Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Well that's all very sad but certainly understood as I look down and see mine own hands stained with the blood of being too effing busy. I missed the puerile anti feminist rants but Trump so more on the way. And I haven't read the comic since an arc or two after Megatron became an Autobot. Had a change of career and had to shave my expenses and now I'm prolly just going to get everything in the nice hardbound volumes. I hope it was continued excellence. Also, I'm now a Dad.

Anyway, I thought this place would be a trickle of talk, not a 5 month old mausoleum. But as long as BF or whoever it is continues to pay for the site, I'm confident this community will coalesce again in our darkest hour and all that.

Regardless, I loved and love all of you.

Best First wrote:I thought we could just meander between making well thought out points, being needlessly immature, provocative and generalist, then veer into caring about constructive debate and make a few valid points, act civil for a bit, then lower the tone again, then act offended when we get called on it, then dictate what it is and isn't worth debating, reinterpret a few of my own posts through a less offensive lens, then jaunt down whatever other path our seemingly volatile mood took us in.

Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Posts: 3114
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Big Honking Planet Eater

More Top
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:05 am

Seriously, where's the Facebook?

snarl wrote:Just... really... what the **** have [IDW] been taking for the last 2 years?

Brendocon wrote:Yaya's money.

bumblemusprime

User avatar

Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: GoboTron

Over Pompous Autobot Commander

More Top
Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am

Shanti418 wrote:Well that's all very sad but certainly understood as I look down and see mine own hands stained with the blood of being too effing busy. I missed the puerile anti feminist rants but Trump so more on the way. And I haven't read the comic since an arc or two after Megatron became an Autobot. Had a change of career and had to shave my expenses and now I'm prolly just going to get everything in the nice hardbound volumes. I hope it was continued excellence. Also, I'm now a Dad.

Anyway, I thought this place would be a trickle of talk, not a 5 month old mausoleum. But as long as BF or whoever it is continues to pay for the site, I'm confident this community will coalesce again in our darkest hour and all that.

Regardless, I loved and love all of you.


SHANTZ!!!!!

GRATS.

Best First wrote:I didn't like it. They don't have mums, or dads, or children. And they turn into stuff. And they don't eat Monster Munch or watch Xena: Warrior Princess. Or do one big poo in the morning and another one in the afternoon. I bet they weren't even excited by and then subsequently disappointed by Star Wars Prequels. Or have a glass full of spare change near their beds. That they don't have.

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron